2. Information Collected by the App
When you register with the App, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, photo, information about your contacts on social networks, and any other personal or preference information that you choose to provide to us. When you use the App, you may build and join communities through a variety of mediums.
In addition, the App may also collect information about your profile, communities, interests, messages, posts and other items provided by you or other users of the App.
We consider the above information your “Personally Identifiable Information”.
When you enter the App, it keeps track of which screens and pages you click on. On the website, the App also collects your browser type and IP address. This information is collected for all App users.
The App does not and will not, at any time, request Personally Identifiable Information in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
3. Uses of the Collected Information
The Company uses the information collected from you on the App to:
- authenticate your visits;
- administer your account and customize the service we provide to you and other users;
- enable you to share your information and communicate with other users;
- make recommendations about hubs and users that may interest you and other users;
- enable other users to find you through search or browsing;
- help you connect to third-party services to exchange information such as contacts and events;
- contact you about announcements from the App or other users from time to time;
- conduct research using the collected information to manage and improve the App;
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external entities, including work with other vendors that help the App with data analysis, for example for product efficacy studies and market analysis
In addition, the Company will not rent, sell, or share Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
The Company may periodically send you service-related announcements from time to time about the general operation of the service. The Company reserves the right to send you such notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
When you update information, the Company usually keeps a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information. The Company also logs various types of information to help manage and improve the App, in general and for you in particular. For example, the App identifies items such as device type, domains and browser types to understand how the App is used and to report these statistics in the aggregate to the vendors that manage the technology of the App.
The Company limits access to personal information about users to employees who the Company appropriately believes need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to users or in order to do their jobs. The Company may share information collected through our websites with agents or contractors authorized solely to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations.
The Company shall also disclose Personally Identifiable Information as permitted or required by law or as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process. The Company also shares information that it believes is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the App’s Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
4. How We Protect Your Information
The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. The Company uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from or about you.
5. Spam Policy and Phishing
6. Controlling Your Personally Identifiable Information
Once you have shared your information with the App, you may still control how it is made available to others by taking the following the steps:
- Review and modify your information – you can review the personal information you provided to us and make changes to the information about you that is shared with other users or to the settings for your account including your email and notification settings at any time. Much of this information is available for modification through the App;
- Contact us to modify your name and contact information associated with your account – some changes to your account, such as your name and contact information, require verification before they can be made. Contact us if you would like certain information which cannot be changed through the App to be updated;
- Contact us to deactivate your account – you may deactivate your account by contacting us. Once you deactivate your account, your Personally Identifiable Information will no longer be visible to other users in the system. We may not retain your information and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain information contributed by you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law.
You may also contact us at:
465 Fairchild Drive, Suite 128
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States of America